Sri MahaPeriyava Manimandapam NJ USA – Namba Periyava Kovil serves as a place of worship for The Sage of Kanchi, Jagadguru Sankaracharya Pujyasri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Swamigal – the 68th Peetadhipathi of Adi Sankara Paramparagatha Moolamnaya Sarvagnya Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam. Namba Periyava Kovil also serves as a Center of Oriental Learning & Living.
Sri MahaPeriyava lived his life in austerity; travelled the entire length and breadth of India like Sri Adi Sankara Bhagavatpadal did; constantly imparted the teachings of Sanatana Dharma; prayed for Loka-Kshema and the welfare of all living things. In one way or other, we all have been recipients of his benevolence which had no limit and no agenda. It will be our duty to follow His teachings and impart them to our children.
It is imperative that we have a place of worship
- to offer our prayers to Sri MahaPeriyava & our Guru Parampara
- to read and imbibe teachings of Sri MahaPeriyava through the treasure trove “Deivathin Kural”
- to impart the tenets of Sanatana Dharma to our children so that they establish an anchor at their roots
- to perform various Hindu Samskara
- to facilitate the learning of Sanskrit, Vedas and our traditional fine arts
- to have Satsangam emphasizing on ACHARAM, ALANKARAM, AHAARAM
- to serve towards Gho Samrakshana & Nandhavana Kainkaryam
With this Sankalpam in mind, NAMBA PERIYAVA KOVIL took shape , serving as a beacon for the generations to come focusing on preserving our Sanatana Dharma; the Vedic tradition, culture & beyond.
आचार्य शङ्कराचार्याः संतुमे जन्म जन्मनि
“Acharya Shankaracharyah Santhume Janma Janmani”